In this video, see how to configure AWS to be able to set up CloudWatch billing alarms.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're going to take a look…at tools within the Amazon ecosystem…that can help us control costs.…We're going to start by looking at CloudWatch.…CloudWatch of course is logging.…And you'll note on the left side here,…there's a Billing section.…So, let's look at the Billing section…and you can see that the initial state of an account…is that there are no billing metrics.…What you need to do in order to enable billing metrics…is you need to work with the Account Billing console…and then going to Preferences,…and then you need to set up…a notification for the billing alerts.…
So, I'm going to go ahead over to the Billing Console…and do that now.…I'm in the Billing console…and if I look at Preferences,…by default, there's nothing turned on,…so I need to turn on Receive Billing Alerts at minimum.…I can also receive PDF invoice by email.…And optionally, I can turn on Receive Billing Reports.…What's going to happen with this…is the billing information is going to go as a text file…into an S3 bucket.…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisions (2017)with David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.