Learn how to direct CloudTrail logs to Kinesis.
- [Instructor] Another interesting aspect of CloudTrail…is that it can actually be integrated with CloudWatch.…So let me show you how that works.…So I have CloudWatch open here and one of the areas…that we hadn't looked at up until now is Events.…So CloudWatch Events, as it says here,…help you to respect to state changes in AWS resources…and this is particularly important…in security scenarios, of course.…When your resources change state,…they send events to an event stream.…You can create rules that match the events in the stream…and route them to targets to take action…and you can use rules to take action…on a predetermined schedule if you want as well.…
So, for example, you could use that to manage the shut down…of EC2 instances if you are a nine-to-five shop…just to save costs, for example.…So there's some specific examples below this…and one of them is around CloudTrail,…so you can see the second example here,…you can direct specific API records from CloudTrail…to a Kinesis stream for detailed analysis…of potential security or availability risks.…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.