Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video CloudFormation overview, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting PaaS Products.
- [Narrator] In this module we're going to look at…AWS's CloudFormation.…So let's start off with, what is CloudFormation?…It's really a management tool…that is going to give us the ability to quickly…provision or even reprovision your infrastructure resources.…The idea is to reduce the amount of time that it takes…for you to do all of the different deployments…or management of these resources.…What we're going to use this primarily for…is things like creating different environments…or maybe an entire stand up of here's our development area…and then we can spawn off things like new test areas…or even production environments.…
Now, it is free to use, however, once you deploy the…different resources, you'll pay for the resources.…So the CloudFormation tool doesn't charge you extra…just because it was a nice automated feature.…So furthermore, how does it work?…Well, CloudFormation's actually based on templates.…You can use your own templates or sample templates…and customize those, but the idea is that you will…
- Creating an IAM user, group, and role
- Using the IAM policy simulator
- IAM best practices
- Components of CloudFormation
- Benefits of Elastic Beanstalk
- Working with OpsWorks
- OpsWorks for Chef Automate and Puppet Enterprise
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management
3. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.