Learn how modern application architectures, such as serverless or AWS Lambda-based deployments, affect automation and CI/CD design patterns.
- [Instructor] As we're considering application automation,…we need to think about typical architecture layers,…and these include the internet layer, networking,…the front end, or user interface,…and the service layers, which include n number…of middle tier or processing layers…and n number of data layers.…In traditional application architectures hosted on Amazon,…most of these layers have been hosted on…virtualized servers.…So EC2 instances, in the case of front end and middle tier,…and RDS, or relational database, instances…that are EC2 instances with managed databases on them.…
This is changing though, and changing rapidly.…And that's because Amazon is leading the way…with a set of services that they call Serverless.…It's kind of a misnomer,…and the big one that has been announced…over the past year or so is AWS Lambda,…which is Amazon hosting functions…rather than servers or containers in the case of Docker.…And charging their customer's dramatically less money,…because their time-slicing the use of their compute.…
- Continuous delivery (CD) approaches
- Automation approaches
- Core services of AWS
- Core AWS tools
- Advanced CD
- Advanced automation
- Using third-party tools for CD and automation
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioningwith Brandon Rich3h 18m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Continuous Delivery (CD) and Automation Approaches
2. CD and Automation with Core AWS Services
3. Using AWS Tools for Advanced CD and Automation
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Infrastructure as code4m 22s
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.