Learn about the differences between business and predictive analytics. Learn about the practicalities of implementing business analytics prior to adding predictive analytics.
- [Instructor] As we start to consider analytics services…available on AWS, we need to think about…the types of analytics that we're going to be needing…for our business solutions.…And broadly, there are two types.…There are what I call business analytics…or predictive analytics.…The scope of this course is business analytics.…So what does this mean from a practical point?…Very very simply, and in the language of business people…it means reports.…However, more technically it means results that are…what are called deterministic.…
So they will have the same answer if you run…the query multiple times.…Again, putting a more practical spin on that,…it's a yes or no answer.…Did we sell red cars in this region on this date…when the temperature was this value?…Yes, or no.…Just re-emphasizing that this is often called reports,…and most commonly, but not always,…there are SQL, or sequel query languages…associated with the underlying data structures.…
You'll see across the Amazon ecosystem there's more and more…use of not only SQL query languages but very often…
- Explain the difference between files and databases.
- Identify examples of batching, micro-batching, and streaming.
- Prepare helpful data visualizations with QuickSight.
- Recognize the different types of analytics available in AWS.
- Demonstrate how to set up AWS CLI.
- Describe common analytics architecture patterns.
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Analytics on AWS
2. Analytic Services
3. AWS Code Tools for Analytics
4. Advanced Analytics
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.