In this video, examine AWS billing tool sections for setting Budgets and for creating service cost Reports.
- [Instructor] The next tool we're going to look at is Budgets.…So as it says a budget lets you quickly create…custom budgets that will automatically alert you…when your AWS costs or usage exceed…or are forecasted to exceed thresholds that you set.…So you setup the budget, then you can refine it…with filters, and then you add notifications.…So let's create a budget.…We have three types of budgets.…Cost, Usage, or RI Utilization.…Do you remember what RI is?…It's reserved instances for EC2.…
So let's just do a cost budget…and let's set this up and the parameters…we can set are monthly, quarterly, or annually here.…So let's setup a monthly ec2 budget.…And we have a start date and we can put an end date…and the budgeted amount.…Let's just go with $1,000 US.…And now we can refine.…So we can refine based on costs related to service,…linked account, tag, purchase option,…availability zone, API operation, usage type group,…usage type, billing entity.…
So let's actually do something interesting.…Let's do this related to Tag.…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.