In this video, examine AWS billing tool sections for bills and ad hoc reports with Cost Explorer.
- [Instructor] The next Amazon tools…for cost control are in the dashboard.…And we're going to start with the Bills and Cost Explorer.…Before we do that though,…let's just take a glance at the dashboard.…So you can see that you have some common metrics here,…some month-to-date spend by service.…And we can have the various service charges.…For example, we had set up AWS config.…And so in the couple of days…I've been recording this course,…we've incurred a cost of a little over $2 US,…and this is reflected in this graph.…
We also have some information…about free tier services by usage, and then some alerts.…Notice we have a billing alert,…because we set that up in a previous movie…and now it's in an alert status.…So this an all up view.…There are some filtering on this dashboard,…but there's not a lot of ability to create custom reports…as we'll see with some other external tools…in subsequent movies.…So this is the dashboard.…The next tool that we have inside of here is Bills.…
So what this does is this shows you at a summarized level…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.