Learn what backend as a service is in this video.
- [Narrator] Backend as a Service is quite an old concept. … It's been around for a long time. … Amazon S3 was one of the first Backend as a Service systems … and it was created in 2006. … The definition of Backend as a Service is, … a generic component service, … like storage, authentication, databases, … that is hosted by a third party, or by you, … and connects to your own service by an API. … And the end user of your application cannot realize … that you are using another service. … Basically, Backend as a Service are like LEGO pieces … that you can combine together. … Some examples of Backend as a Service are … Algolia, DynamoDB, and Auth0. … There are thousands of Backend as a Service providers … that will provide all kind of different services. … …
- Backend as a service (BaaS)
- Function as a service (FaaS)
- Why infrastructure as code is so important
- Creating an order
- Setting up DynamoDB
- Saving into a DynamoDB table
- Using AWS SDK
- Sending a message to the stream
- Deploying and testing an application
- Cleaning up an AWS environment
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS for Developers: AWS AppSync with GraphQLwith Bear Cahill1h 25m Intermediate
Introduction to AWS DeepLenswith Jonathan Fernandes33m 50s Intermediate
What you should know1m 27s
1. Get Started with Serverless
2. Get Started with Kinesis
3. SNS, SQS, and Kinesis
4. Lifecycle of a Message in the Stream
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.