Review all-up approaches to AWS application security.
- [Instructor] Now as you're considering your implementation…for your security strategy,…I want to remind you of a core tenant…of the design of the AWS cloud…which is that it's a shared responsibility.…And we saw this earlier in this course,…but it's really key in Core to clearly differentiate…what it is that Amazon's going to be responsible for…and what it is that you're going to be responsible for,…and who the you is.…As I mentioned earlier my experience is…that when there's no particular set of people…who have an interest in security, who care about security,…assigned security doesn't happen.…
And that really is just quite unfortunate.…So this is a great way to start the planning…and there is some additional information…I want to share in this particular section.…So another aspect of this is to…look at your requirements all up…so security, governance and compliance all together…and in certain industries this has already…been done for you via legislation…and here's a HIPAA example.…And you can see in this particular layout…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.