Review all-up approaches to AWS application service cost control.
- [Teacher] One of the most poorly implemented areas…of the use of all AW services is proper cost control.…And this is really unfortunate…because this is a key expenditure for your business.…For some reason, this metaphor of…using Cloud Services versus licensed software…and controlling and having predictable costs…still is new…or has a lot of learning for many of my customers.…So although I've showed and we've talked about…using the tools available inside of the Amazon console…such as the Billing & Cost Management Dashboard…and all the various tools associated here…in this particular screen.…
Those are really just a starting point.…In all the practices I talked about setting up alerts…and having particular people…be associated to responsibility for cost management…are really key in core.…You want to develop a forecasting mechanism…that is continually updated,…so that you have predictability around your spend.…Now, to get us thinking about that,…I'm going to show you an Amazon tool.…What it does…is it starts to get you thinking about the different aspects…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.