Look at approaches and techniques to monitor the deployment and performance of an application running on the AWS infrastructure.
- [Instructor] Now at its highest level,…successful AWS monitoring always entails entire…application monitoring.…But again, I'm trying to break it down…so it's consumable, starting at the bottom…of this diagram, which is at the service layers.…So we literally are going to start with services…that really, I think, almost every customer uses…services like S3 and database services.…Then, we're going to look at the user interface layer,…which often is custom code.…So we'll be looking at hosting in Amazon Compute…environments like EC2 and Container service and Lambda.…
The internet layers are an advanced form of monitoring…because you are interfacing with the Amazon cloud…and the public cloud.…We're not going to have as much coverage of that,…more from an aspect of security rather than performance…because that involves the public cloud…interacting with the public network,…and that goes beyond the scope of this class.…But to be clear, that is part of entire…application monitoring.…Now to that end, what I find in most of the teams…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.