AppSync allows the user to create the API from the DynamoDB table. On the other side of things, you can create the DynamoDB table. AppSync has a route for creating the API via their wizard. It's similar to defining a table in DynamoDB. You specify the attributes including the types, primary key and sort key, which is optional.
- [Instructor] The first thing we want to start storing…on the server is the settings and the apps.…So let's look at the app.…It's still running in the simulator,…if yours isn't, you can start it back up.…I'm going to tap on the settings here…and we see that we have a few different settings.…We have a Bio, so I can put, "I'm from Nola."…And Include Location, or not.…And then a Date/Time Format: Short, Medium, or Long.…And then I can save it.…Currently, it stores these settings in user defaults.…
Which will preserve the settings…from one execution to the next,…but we want to set those in the server.…So, let's look at the code of how…the settings are stored in the classes.…In looking at the code, we have this Settings group.…If we click on the Settings.swift,…we see there's a Settings class,…with a Bio that's a String,…Include Location that's a Boolean.…And Date/Format, which is an eNom.…And if we look at this eNom for Post Date/Format Style…that has an underlying type of Int.…So we have a String, a Bool, and what amounts to an Int.…
- Preparing to use AppSync in code
- Updating settings and the schema
- Adding a second data source
- Storing posts online
- Updating subscriptions in schema
- Testing live updates
- Handling updated posts
- Offline capabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS User Authentication
2. AppSync Setup
Amplify codegen3m 42s
3. App Code and Configuration
4. Adding a Second Datasource
5. Real-Time Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.