Join Brandon Rich for an in-depth discussion in this video AppSpec file and life-cycle events, part of Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioning.
- [Instructor] The AppSpec file is the…central feature of CodeDeploy.…It's the file that let's you tell the service…exactly what to do for each host…when deploying an app revision.…The file itself is written in YAML,…and it must live in the root of your application.…Inside you'll refer to other files and scripts…that your host will need to run your app.…These scripts will execute at one of five hooks…representing different app life cycle events.…A CodeDeploy app deployment consists…of five phases, ApplicationStop, BeforeInstall,…AfterInstall, ApplicationStart, and ValidateStatus.…
At each stage, your AppSpec.YAML file…may specify scripts for the service to run.…These scripts can do anything you'd be able to do…if you ran them yourself on the host,…so the sky is the limit.…CodeDeploy does provide some special sections…that wrap common functionality in the AppSpec file.…In addition to the hook section,…which let's you run arbitrary scripts…at those lifecycle phases, you may also specify…files and permissions sections which let you…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
- Understanding AWS EC2
- Creating an EC2 instance
- Provisioning with CloudFormation
- Architecting apps for horizontal scaling
- Creating an Elastic Beanstalk environment and app
- Using OpsWorks
- Deploying apps with CodeDeploy
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS EC2 Foundations
2. EC2 Creation and Provisioning
Create an EC2 instance13m 24s
3. Deployment Concepts
4. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.