A React app on your computer does not do much good in the real world. You need a place to host it where others can reach it. AWS can do that for you and Amplify can set it up. By adding the hosting category to your app, Amplify creates an S3 bucket. When you publish your app via Amplify it puts it on the server.
- [Instructor] So now we're going to make sure we're back…in our project directory.…I'm not, so I'm going to go back one level.…Make sure I'm at PicoWeb and I am and there's my files.…Now we're going to add hosting.…So far we've been running this app locally…and that's great.…But when it comes time to send it to the server,…we want to host it on AWS.…So all we have to do to add hosting is add it as a category…like we did with analytics.…So I'm going to clear this and if I type amplify again.…I can see that one of the categories I can add is hosting.…
So I'll copy that and type amplify and hosting.…Now it's asking me if I want to add a development…or production environment.…I'm just going to start with development.…It's asking me for a bucket name for my hosting bucket.…So this is separate from the deployment bucket…and I'm fine with that name.…And it's asking me about the index stock,…the error doc and so forth.…And that's it, it's already configured locally.…We just have to push it now.…So I'll type amplify push.…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.