Adding analytics to your React app requires very little work. You mostly just need to tell Amplify to add it. Amplify takes care of the rest behind the scenes. Whatever configuration that needs to take place with AWS is handled for you. You are then given a URL to visit to see the analytics from your app's use.
- Back in the terminal, in our picoweb directory,…we're going to add our first feature to our app.…So, I'm going to clear this…and I'm going to run amplify add analytics.…To get a list of the categories that you can add…you can just run amplify,…see the commands and see the categories down here.…We're going to add analytics so I'll copy that.…Amplify add analytics.…It asks us for a name for our pinpoint resource.…Picoweb's fine with me.…
And do we want to use unauthenticated users…to send analytics?…That's fine for now.…And that's it.…We've added analytics to our app.…We just have to push it to the server.…And it gives us that suggestion here.…So I'll copy and paste that and push to AWS.…It's creating resources in Cognito for their authorization…and also our analytics that we named picoweb.…Once it's done configuring and uploading…everything to the server you can see that it did several…things as it did before.…
It updated our Cloud Formation Stacks,…some IAM stuff,…so let's go look at that on the server.…Back in my stack I want to make sure that I'm looking at…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.