Amplify is a command-line tool from AWS for configuring a variety of services and features online. You can run it from a terminal and initialize your project. After that, you can add features and services and it can download necessary pieces for your app. It's easy to install with npm and easy to run.
- [Instructor] We need to configure Amplify…to use our AWS account.…So in the terminal, I'm going to type amplify configure.…And it's going to take me to AWS to log in.…Now I'm already logged in,…so I didn't have to input my ID or password.…If you haven't logged in, put it in here.…Then once you've logged in you can go back to the terminal.…So back at the terminal,…now that we've logged in, I just have to hit enter.…It asks me what region I want to use,…and the default is US east one,…and we'll pick that.…
It has the most features.…Then it asks us to specify our username…to create a user in IAM,…and we can pick the default username.…So I'll just hit enter again,…and it takes us to the IAM Management Console.…That's fine to use programmatic access,…so I'll click next on permissions.…Next to review, it has administrator access,…and I'll create this user.…And it gives us the access key ID,…and the secret access key.…We're going to need those back in the terminal,…so I'll copy the access key ID.…
Back in the terminal, I press enter,…
- Preparing to use AppSync in code
- Updating settings and the schema
- Adding a second data source
- Storing posts online
- Updating subscriptions in schema
- Testing live updates
- Handling updated posts
- Offline capabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS User Authentication
2. AppSync Setup
Amplify codegen3m 42s
3. App Code and Configuration
4. Adding a Second Datasource
5. Real-Time Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.