AppSync also walks you through the creating of the client code using Amplify. Once Amplify is installed on your machine you can run the command to add codegen to the project. It pulls down the necessary files, prompts you for questions and generates the code. The resulting API file is then added to your project.
- [Instructor] So I want to take a minute and kind of review…what we just did with adding the API.…This is where we started working with the AppSync,…so we created the API.swift based off this GraphQL,…so if you look at GraphQL,…you can see we have the mutations, queries,…the schema, and the subscriptions.…These are based off of what we've defined…in that one GraphQL file, so let's do a cat on schema.…We can see that it took what we gave it…and created ton of information.…
This is what our code was based off of,…that will help us do a lot of fetches,…updates, deletes, and so forth.…So again, it's doing a ton of the work for us.…If we go back to the previous directory,…we can look at the API.swift file.…We can see there's a lot in here for us as well.…This is what creates all the code…that's going to help us update, store, delete,…all the data on the server.…Let's go see what was created on the server.…So if we go back to our cloud formation,…we can see that we have three stacks now…and two of them are nested, and one of them is for our API,…
- Preparing to use AppSync in code
- Updating settings and the schema
- Adding a second data source
- Storing posts online
- Updating subscriptions in schema
- Testing live updates
- Handling updated posts
- Offline capabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS User Authentication
2. AppSync Setup
Amplify codegen3m 42s
3. App Code and Configuration
4. Adding a Second Datasource
5. Real-Time Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.