- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Lynn] Hi, and welcome to AWS Cost Control. I'm Lynn Langit. In this course, we're going to take a look at setting up your AWS environment correctly, including tagging, and using some of the new capabilities, like organization so you can consolidate accounts, along with core cost optimization techniques, such as understanding when to use reserved instances in IC2 and understanding how to use RDS most appropriately. In addition to that, we're going to look at techniques and services, both in the Amazon ecosystem, such as cost explorer and AWS cloud watch, billing alerts.
We're also going to look at some third party tools just to get a sense of what that landscape looks like. We're going to finish up by looking at architectural choices around service cost control, again drawn from my real world experience. We have lots to cover, so let's get started.
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.