Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Amazon Glacier, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Narrator] Amazon Glacier, if you recall, is one…of the storage classes, but it also happens to be…an actual stand alone service that Amazon provides.…Amazon Glacier is a secure and cost effective way…to store your data for the purposes of archives.…It has the 11 nines of durability…that we talked about earlier, and it really is ideal…for storing infrequently accessed data. Things like backups.…Now the one catch with Amazon Glacier,…there's always a catch. The data, when you put it into…Amazon Glacier has to be accessed in the same manner…that you put it in. In other words, if you uploaded…the data directly using the Glacier APIs, things like…backup software that might directly interface with Glacier,…you will have to retrieve the information using…those Glacier APIs. On the other hand, if you uploaded…the data using the S3 APIs and later migrated it to Glacier,…or tag the information as Glacier and the object class,…then you will have to use the S3 APIs to retrieve…that particular data. In all cases,…the data is always encrypted and it can be stored up…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.