Learn how to and configure a managed config rule.
- [Narrator] While Config is doing its initial…resource analysis and Config rule processing,…now is the perfect time to explore…the other roles that are available.…Here's an example of something that…can be accomplished with an AWS…provided rule, called Required Tags.…Imagine this: You're organization…provides multiple IT services, and uses…a variety of AWS components to do so.…In order to effectively cost your services…and make your finance office happy,…you assign billing codes to the…AWS resources each cost center uses.…
Suppose a developer creates a new instance,…but forgets to apply the billing code,…fortunately, you're using Config,…and the Config rule that checks for required text.…At creation, the required tag Config rule…checks to see if the billing code…is on the new instance.…Seeing that it's missing, it triggers…a message to an SNS topic.…Based on the Config rule's notification,…the appropriate billing code is applied by the developer.…That way, the AWS charge gets allocated to the…appropriate service, and everyone is happy.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring monitoring tools
- Understanding CloudWatch
- Using CloudWatch alarms
- Monitoring EC2 memory
- Using AWS Config
- Understanding AWS logging and ElasticSearch
- Combining CloudWatch and Lambda
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
1. Exploring Monitoring Tools
2. Using AWS Config
3. Beyond Traditional Monitoring
4. Taking Action
Next steps2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.