Using Amplify is a great way to streamline your process. However, it also still manages the aspects of account creation and management on the server. That way you can still load the Cognito User Pools console. From there you can select your pool, see and change settings, and verify accounts have been created.
- [Instructor] So now we have the app set up…to handle authorization for users.…We use the same configuration that we did in our React app,…so we should use all the same pieces in AWS.…We could have run those same functions…inside of the terminal for this app,…however we wouldn't have needed the hosting.…I'm going to close this right pane…and then start the app in the simulator.…If everything goes as we expect,…we should be able to login with the same account…we created in the React app with username beartest.…
Once the app starts up, the UI logging in shows up,…because we're not currently logged in.…If I type beartest and enter the same super-secret password,…I should be able to sign in successfully.…And I was, that's great.…That's amazing.…We did not have to write hardly any code.…I'm sorry if I'm continually surprised…and excited about this,…but this is amazing to me.…Years ago this took me days to do stuff like this…with server sides that were clunky or completely custom.…
So now that we have the user count management…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.