In this video, see the major categories of AWS services for cost control management.
- [Instructor] In this section,…we're going to start looking at…how to control costs for key services…in the Amazon ecosystem.…Now, this would be a really long course…if I covered cost control for all the services…'cause there's literally tens,…maybe even hundreds of services now,…and what I find in working with customers is…the costs center around clusters of services,…so that's what I'm going to focus on.…In traditional architectures,…it breaks out like this.…You can some aspect of compute,…usually virtual machines and those are EC2,…and that can be up to 80% of a bill,…so I'm going to emphasizes that in this section.…
Storage for files,…and that's usually on S3,…can also be a significant portion of the bill depending on…how much information you store there.…If you use a managed database,…such as RDS MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle,…so on and so forth,…that also can contribute significantly…to the overall bill.…And then there's everything else, which does matter.…So, if you think of these categories,…compute, files, database, and everything else,…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.