Learn about IAM Users, Groups, and Roles.
- As we start looking at Amazon security objects,…we're going to dive in to IAM,…or Identity and Access Management objects.…There are a number of key types…but I've highlighted the ones that…you'll use most often in this slide.…First, there's IAM users, and these are user accounts…for people, users, also for servers or services…in some cases, and then there's a special user…called the root user, or the initial creator of the account.…
The next type of object is an IAM group,…and generally these are used as containers…for users so you add users to groups.…The next type is an IAM role, and this is a type…of object that's often used in lieu of using a user…for services, particularly around EC2.…The idea is that you have a role rather than a user,…that's associated for services.…Now, for users, groups, and roles, the way that…they get their permissions to perform actions…on Amazon objects is through IAM policies.…
IAM policies can be associated to users, groups, or roles.…Best practice is to associate IAM policies for users…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.