Learn about the different kinds of cost structures for business planning.
- [Instructor] Significant variable cost…can be one of the most frustrating aspects of technology.…Most technology objectives now include a best guess…cost estimate.…This kind of estimation…can lead to over-provisioning,…expensive hardware, or even worse,…not enough hardware to cover the growth of the business.…The former is a waste of money…and the latter can sink the company.…The wager of technology costs…has made elastic computing the holy grail of technology.…Elastic computing can scale computing up and down…in response to need.…
Elastic computing can then offer cost controls…based on actual use.…Companies no longer need to pay for hardware and software…they don't use,…nor do they have to face the crushing threat…of a spike in use.…Elastic compute structures are a massive advantage…of host platforms.…And Amazon provides a cost estimator…to help align budgets and projections.…Equipping customers with TCO…or total cost of ownership tools…enables customers and potential customers…to plan costs.…Let's take a look at the TCO calculator…
- Comparing AWS to previous IT solutions
- Benefits of AWS
- AWS security and pricing
- Building big data on AWS
- Cloud storage and databases
- Data warehousing
- Backing up data
- AWS for mobile services
- IoT approaches
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Building Big Data on AWS
3. Backing Up Data with AWS
4. Mobile Solutions Using AWS
5. IoT Approaches with AWS
AWS Greengrass1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.