Learn how to setup an AWS organization.
- [Instructor] AWS Organizations is…a relatively new service.…It allows for policy-based management…for multiple AWS accounts…and importantly, it allows for consolidated billing.…I can see this having a great utility…in situations where you have separate AWS accounts…for different environments such as one for dev,…one for test, one for stage, and one for production.…I actually had this in a recent IoT scenario…because in the case of IoT, there's only one endpoint…for the IoT broker for each Amazon account.…
We didn't want to clutter up the prod…with the other messages as we were developing the product.…I'm sure there'll be other scenarios…for which this is useful.…We actually really could have used this…a year and a half ago when I was working on this project.…I'm really happy to see the service be available.…It also allows for automated account creation.…Now you can see in the diagram here…that there are some concepts around organizations.…I recommend that you read the documentation.…In fact, we'll just start there so that I can point you to…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.