Review AWS's full office backup options.
- [Instructor] Other than getting shares and databases…into AWS, I have one more glaring problem.…If your office is like mine, the network connection we have…to AWS is not adequate for moving an entire office of data…without incurring high costs or long wait time…caused by bandwidth restrictions.…If I can just get my data into AWS,…I can replicate my office in other locations…and expand as I need.…To handle this last barrier for entry into cloud solutions,…AWS built a set of services to scale migration…for offline or restricted connections.…
The solutions are called Snowball and Snowmobile.…These are hardware solutions that range in data scale…from 50 terabytes to 100 petabytes.…Snowball is a hardware storage device…that Amazon ships to your office site.…It can hold anywhere from 50 to 80 terabytes of data.…Snowball is free to use for 10 days,…after which it will cost you $15 a day for onsite use.…The 50 terabyte appliance has $200 service fee…and the 80 terabyte appliance has a $250 service fee.…
There is no fee to transfer the data into S3,…
- Comparing AWS to previous IT solutions
- Benefits of AWS
- AWS security and pricing
- Building big data on AWS
- Cloud storage and databases
- Data warehousing
- Backing up data
- AWS for mobile services
- IoT approaches
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Building Big Data on AWS
3. Backing Up Data with AWS
4. Mobile Solutions Using AWS
5. IoT Approaches with AWS
AWS Greengrass1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.