Review AWS’s database backup.
- [Instructor] File backup and recovery are straightforward.…However, backing up a working database…can be much more complex.…Backing up a database can mean costly downtime…or loss of productivity due to latency…created by high-traffic migration efforts.…To address the issues of data transport…and the need for constant latency-free work…of an enterprise database,…AWS built the Database Migration Service product.…The service allows you to replicate the database,…maintaining the same structure.…For example, Oracle-to-Oracle or SQL-to-SQL,…or to migrate to another database structure…like Oracle to Aurora, using their schema-conversion tool.…
Here I'm in the database migration service.…If I create a migration, you'll have access…to download the AWS schema-conversion tool.…Documentation for that is at this URL.…The service also does not require your company…to shut down its currently-running database…or wait for the migration to finish.…Your valuable database can remain live…while AWS Database Migration Service completes the work.…
- Comparing AWS to previous IT solutions
- Benefits of AWS
- AWS security and pricing
- Building big data on AWS
- Cloud storage and databases
- Data warehousing
- Backing up data
- AWS for mobile services
- IoT approaches
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Building Big Data on AWS
3. Backing Up Data with AWS
4. Mobile Solutions Using AWS
5. IoT Approaches with AWS
AWS Greengrass1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.