Learn how to stay aware of AWS charges for compute, storage, and outgoing data transfer.
- [Instructor] When you're operating your applications … in the AWS cloud, you want to have a strong understanding … about the costs of those applications … and where those costs actually come from. … If I have a region that I'm operating in … with two availability zones, … my web servers and my database servers … are going to be spread across those availability zones. … The database servers need to communicate with each other … across those availability zones. … So the data transfer out is going to be charged, … and this could be a huge charge … if you have a very large database … that is doing a lot of replication. … So when you're looking at operating at AWS, … there's always costs to be considered, … specifically data transfer costs … that you may not have expected. … …
- Creating a VPC
- Creating subnets
- Default and custom route tables
- IP addressing
- Creating security groups
- Configuring an internet gateway
- Peering VPCs together
- Sharing VPC resources
- Creating flow logs for monitoring
- Controlling access with IAM roles
- Dedicated tenancy
- Using automation for compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
What you should know2m 7s
1. VPC Architecture
2. Creating VPCs
3. Creating Subnets
4. IP Addressing
5. VPC Security
6. VPC Public Connectivity
7. VPC Private Connectivity
8. VPC Compliance
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.