In this video, understand key AWS white papers and community resources for cost management.
- Some additional resources around cost optimization…are as follows.…The first is an Amazon White Paper called…Cost Optimization with AWS.…This was published in February 2016…and I see these are refreshed pretty regularly.…There are a lot of things that maybe are common sense,…but it's important I think to understand.…I'll just look at the table of contents here.…Where Amazon is coming from, what's their pricing strategy…and philosophy, particularly around EC2.…I've been emphasizing that in this course.…That's where a lot of customers kind of get it wrong.…
Now, because the control of some service costs,…notably EC2, is complex.…I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon didn't simplify it.…Do be sure to check resources when you're watching…this course to see if some of the manual processes…like signing up for reserved instances,…setting the right type in terms of compute optimize,…memory optimize, the right size, so on and so forth.…If some of those things didn't at least have recommendations…because that's what's coming in some of the alternate…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.