Review AWS’s data storage options for big data and database choices.
- [Instructor] Before we begin building solutions using AWS,…let's take a moment to look at two building blocks…of Amazon's cloud solution architecture.…I'm talking about storage and databases.…Thinking clearly about how we store and use data allows us…to build the right solutions and makes our use…of those solutions cost effective.…Data storage has its variables.…To make the value clear, I'll look briefly…at Amazon's two general solutions to data storage.…How data gets to and from the storage,…and in what manner the storage occurs is outside…of the scope of this course.…
To dig a little deeper, I recommend heading…over to Cloud Architecture: Core Concepts here…in the LinkedIn Learning Library.…AWS provides two general platforms for storage:…one platform for business-critical storage…and one for archival storage.…For business-critical data storage,…AWS built Amazon's Simple Storage Service, or S3.…S3 plays a central role in most…of the solution designs that we will cover.…S3 is the backbone of any AWS cloud solution offering.…
- Comparing AWS to previous IT solutions
- Benefits of AWS
- AWS security and pricing
- Building big data on AWS
- Cloud storage and databases
- Data warehousing
- Backing up data
- AWS for mobile services
- IoT approaches
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Building Big Data on AWS
3. Backing Up Data with AWS
4. Mobile Solutions Using AWS
5. IoT Approaches with AWS
AWS Greengrass1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.