AWS allows you to create a free account. Not all services are free but many are either free for a limited time or have limitations in some other way. However, the creation is free and depending on which services you use it may or may not cost. Also, some free services may create things that cost.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to take a quick look at AWS in general. So we're going to go in the browser, and we're going to go to aws.amazon.com. And this is where you get all your general information about AWS. You can look at the products, and see how they're categorized and broken down. You can also look at different solutions, again, it'll mention a lot of their products and walkthroughs, and you can also see the pricing. So we're interested in the free tier, because free is always great.
So there's a lot of features that are free, and there's a lot that are free temporarily, like these, that either have a time limit or a usage limit, and then they start to cost, and then there's the always free. We'll keep our eye on the cost and at the end of the course we'll look at how to determine what our estimate billing is, and where that's being spent. But for the most part, we shouldn't spend any money developing this course. If it is, it'll be near pennies. But you're certainly going to want to get the free account. You'll have to provide some information there, and including your credit card in case you do go over any of the limits, but for the most part it should be free.
And then once you have an account you can sign into the console. In the console you'll see the listing of all the different services and features that AWS offers. It's a little overwhelming and kind of intimidating 'cause there's so much there, but we're going to break a lot of this down, and we're going to focus on some of the more common things like, S3 bucket, IAM, Cognito for security, things like that so we're going to stick to some of the more standard things. Some things like media services, machine learning, game development, they're a little bit more specialized and we're not going to focus on those types of things in this course.
But you'll notice that we'll get very familiar with some of the services that we're going to be using, and there's another course on AppSync if you want to check that out that also uses Amplify and other AWS services. Next we're going to talk about the Amplify principles, so let's get started looking at those.
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online