In this video, learn what information AWS Trusted Advisor can provide around service utilization and cost savings at different support levels.
- [Instructor] The next Amazon tool that we're going to examine…for cost control is Trusted Advisor.…So I'm just going to type Trusted Advisor to bring it up,…and Trusted Advisor provides you with a dashboard.…And there are several different aspects of your account…that Trusted Advisor advises you on.…These include cost optimization,…the course says we're going to focus on here,…performance, security, and fault tolerance.…Now it's important to understand…that there are different levels of support…and different levels of advisory provided to you…based on your level of usage…and your service agreement with Amazon.…
So let's just start by looking at cost optimization.…And you can see that in a free account,…you basically don't get anything.…You need to upgrade your support plan…to unlock all trusted advisor recommendations.…And if you were to do that, you would incur some costs.…So I'm not going to do that for the purpose of this demo,…but I will just show you what kinds of areas…you can expect to receive advice on…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.