In this video, see how to use a CloudFormation template as a basis for an approved product for an AWS Service Catalog Portfolio.
- [Instructor] Another tool that you can use…is AWS Service Catalog.…So this is a sophisticated tool around control in general,…and of course, cost control is part of that.…So what you can do with this…is you can specify what are called portfolios.…So as it says here, portfolios organize products.…In this case, approve products.…And you can distribute these portfolios to end users…that can then launch these portfolios…which will create instances.…So you have to add products.…And these can be your own proprietary code…that is a business application,…or it can be something like an Amazon Machine Image…that you have made available for your particular account,…or it could be a commercial Amazon Machine Image…from the Amazon Marketplace that has some software…that has a license on it.…
One example of that would be,…I've used a software called Matillion ETL for Redshift,…which is a kind of extract, transform,…and load browser-based tool that automates, visually,…scripts to load data into Redshift.…And most importantly, you can manage user access.…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.