Many systems and vendors provide data interfaces that rely on SFTP. In this video, explore how AWS is making it easier to interact with those systems using AWS Transfer for SFTP.
- [Instructor] Even with all the great cloud native … AWS storage and transfer options … we've discussed in this course, … you're still going to run into systems, … be it with a vendor or in your own backyard, … that rely on SFTP. … AWS Transfer for SFTP is a service that acknowledges … that SFTP processes still make a lot of the world go 'round, … but provides a way to make those workloads … easier to manage. … Many IT organizations have plenty of processes … that look like this. … A vendor generates a daily batch file of data updates, … which it sends to the organization via SFTP. … The organization must then implement and schedule jobs, … which monitor the SFTP system for new files … and processes them. … In this example, incoming data is parsed and stored … in a relational database. … There's definite maintenance overhead to this process. … The SFTP endpoint, probably a Linux server, … must be patched regularly and hardened for security. … It is after all a world exposed endpoint …
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
6. Moving Data in AWS
5. Getting Data to AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.