Learn how to use the AWS SDK for compliance and security.
- [Narrator] So now that we've got everything set up,…we're going to go ahead and use the SDK.…And we're going to start with the typical pattern,…which is list the buckets in S3.…And just for a visual, in S3, we have these three buckets.…So line one, we're requiring the AWS-SDK.…Line two, we're updating the configuration…to specify the region of interest.…In line four, we are creating an S3 object.…Line six is the key line.…On the S3 object, we're calling the list buckets method,…and in the node style, we're passing…in an anonymous function with err and data.…
And we're just returning an error, if there's some error,…otherwise we're just console logging out the result.…So let's switch over to our terminal and run this.…I'm just going to clear the screen and check the directory,…and list the files.…And so we want to list the bucket, so we're going…to type node, and then auto complete.…And we expect to see the buckets.…And we get a little bit more meta data.…We get to see when this was created, and who is the owner.…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.