Get an S3 overview.
- [Instructor] Launched in March of 2006…S3, or Simple Storage Service,…is one of Amazon's longest running AWS offerings.…It's purpose is to provide easy-to-use cloud storage…that is scalable, highly available, and reliable.…Before we start,…it's important to know that S3…isn't actually a file system in the traditional sense.…Rather, S3 provides what is known as Object Storage.…What distinguishes Object Storage from File Storage?…Well storage devices come in a few flavors…having to do with the level at which storage…systems manage data.…
Block Storage operates at the level of…disc, blocks and sectors…and this is the lowest level to the hardware.…Sectors originally refer to actual sectors on the…circular magnetic discs in platter based hard drives.…In the age of solid stay drives…sectors are more of a logical construct,…but the concept remains the same.…Block Storage is generic and can be formatted to apply…a file system on top of it.…File Storage is probably what you're most familiar with.…A File Storage device uses a file system,…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.