Learn about bringing IoT solutions together with AWS’s IoT platform.
- [Instructor] AWS Greengrass is an expansion of the pieces…that provide IoT solutions.…So far, as we've considered AWS and IoT,…all of the registered things communicate…to the IoT controller in the cloud.…More often than not, this requires a persistent connection.…A persistent connection doesn't require…a large volume of power to acquire,…but over time, a persistent connection can have an impact…on battery-powered things.…For example, I have to change the 4AA batteries…in my home door locks two times a year…to keep them connected to me remotely.…
In order to unburden the need for all things…to maintain a persistent connection,…Amazon has created Greengrass.…Greengrass places message publishing and subscribing…in the local environment,…which enables things to talk directly to other things…without needing to have the message brokered…through the cloud.…Greengrass does all the work for the local things…and only it needs to check in with the cloud…to make sure all current states are valid.…Let's take a look at Greengrass.…
- Comparing AWS to previous IT solutions
- Benefits of AWS
- AWS security and pricing
- Building big data on AWS
- Cloud storage and databases
- Data warehousing
- Backing up data
- AWS for mobile services
- IoT approaches
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Building Big Data on AWS
3. Backing Up Data with AWS
4. Mobile Solutions Using AWS
5. IoT Approaches with AWS
AWS Greengrass1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.