Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video AWS Direct Connect, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] AWS Direct Connect is a means to allow you…to tie your on-premises location…or perhaps even your office into the AWS cloud,…kind of like what you do with a branch office.…Let's take a look.…Direct Connect is a permanent connection…between your office or data center and the AWS cloud,…but it uses a WAN connection,…so permanent in the sense that…it's as available as any other WAN connection you might have…between branch offices.…This is going to require you…to go and talk to a telecom provider,…the people that would probably arrange…some of your branch office connections.…
You'll contract them to establish a WAN connection…between your office…and one of the various AWS Direct Connect locations.…Now this can help you reduce a lot of your network costs…especially if there's a lot of communication…going back and forth between your on-premises data center…and the AWS cloud.…It's also going to give you better throughput range…and probably even some better consistency…within your network performance.…Now the speeds that are available vary.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.