- Setting up DKIM
- Verifying test email addresses
- Sending email with SES and SMTP
- Sending email from WordPress with SES
- Setting up probation warnings
- Reducing bounces and complaints in SES
- Handling bounces with serverless Lambda functions
Skill Level Beginner
- [Narrator] Sending email has gotten so complicated. How can you keep yours from going to spam? How can you send a lot of emails at once? How do you keep from ending up on a blacklist? Thankfully, Amazon has opened up to the general public their email delivery system, used to deliver millions of package shipment notifications and order emails each day, named Simple Email Service, or SES. It leverages Amazon's years of experience in reliably delivering emails to their customers, and it's one of the most affordable solutions on the market today.
But to use this amazing service, Amazon requires that you keep your email list free of bounces and complaints so that they don't get in trouble with Gmail or other mail providers. You'll need to set up systems to monitor your sender reputation, quickly remove offending email addresses from your list, and tune your messages so that they aren't marked as spam. My name is JV. I'll walk you through the best ways to set up SES, and show you ways to automate managing your sender reputation so you can send email reliably to your users, get notified before there's a problem, and get you back to doing what you really want to do, creating and building great experiences for your users on the internet.