Learn how to describe multiple use cases for AWS Database Migration Service.
- [Narrator] Chances are if you're interested…in cloud data storage, you're not starting from scratch,…you've already got a significant amount of data…on premises in your local data center or co-location…and you're wondering how to get it to the cloud.…Maybe you've been running a relational database,…or two or three, for years, and you're ready to let AWS…take over the operational details by migrating to RDS.…Perhaps you've been running my-sequel…and you're interested by the performance enhancements…promised by Aurora, or maybe you have some new architectural…goals and just want to switch database engines.…How do you get from here to there?…Well, you have a number of do it yourself options.…
You can use native tools, such as Oracle's Data Pump,…but these tools are often geared toward homogenous transfers…and not for migrating from one platform to another.…You could use your database's export tools to export data…and schemas to sequel scripts and run them.…But again, changing engines would mean you're responsible…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.