Learn how to create a Data Pipeline job for backing up DynamoDB data to S3, to describe the various configuration options in the created job, and to monitor its ongoing execution.
- [Instructor] Like many AWS services,…Data Pipeline started as an internal tool for AWS.…So one of the best ways that we can see how it works…is to go to DynamoDB and see how it's integrated…into the export feature.…Go into Dynamo and then click Tables.…Choose our DynamoDB table.…Go up to Actions and click Export.…This is going to open a new tab…and convey us to the Data Pipeline creation wizard.…We'll call it film-export.…You can see that what we have here…is a source that says build using a template.…
There are a handful of Data Pipeline templates…prebuilt by AWS for us to use.…We've preselected DynamoDB to S3.…The table name is prefilled…and we'll have to choose our output folder.…We'll use the demo-primary bucket.…Moving on down, we have an opportunity…to set a schedule for this pipeline.…However, if we just say on pipeline activation,…this will be a run once affair that will happen…as soon as the pipeline is validated.…Under logging, if we keep it enabled,…we need to select an S3 bucket.…
We can use the same bucket as where the data is going to go.…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
6. Moving Data in AWS
5. Getting Data to AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.