Join Brandon Rich for an in-depth discussion in this video AWS CodeDeploy key concepts, part of Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioning.
- [Narrator] We've looked at a few different methods…that AWS provides for both deployment…and provisioning application servers.…Next up is CodeDeploy,…which provides less automation than the other methods,…but does provide more manual control…than say, Elastic Beanstalk.…CodeDeploy is designed to give you tools…and get out of the way.…You write your own deployment scripts…using a light framework.…CodeDeploy provides hooks for certain deployment events,…so you can be sure to execute…certain actions at the right time.…It allows deployment from S3 or from Git.…
Finally, unlike Beanstalk or OpsWorks,…CodeDeploy is a deployment tool only.…You will need to build…and provision infrastructure yourself,…in advance of using CodeDeploy.…However, CodeDeploy can deploy to many instances at once,…as we'll see.…There are a few concepts with which…you need to be familiar before using CodeDeploy.…First, the application.…As with Beanstalk and OpsWorks,…you start by defining your application.…The application contains a reference to a deployment group.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
- Understanding AWS EC2
- Creating an EC2 instance
- Provisioning with CloudFormation
- Architecting apps for horizontal scaling
- Creating an Elastic Beanstalk environment and app
- Using OpsWorks
- Deploying apps with CodeDeploy
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS EC2 Foundations
2. EC2 Creation and Provisioning
Create an EC2 instance13m 24s
3. Deployment Concepts
4. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.