So much of AWS functionality is provided in your iOS app via CocoaPods. They are easy to install once the CocoaPod gem is available on your computer. The init command creates your Podfile ready for editing. Once you enter the pods you need, running the pod install command does the rest. Now your app is ready!
- [Instructor] So in the folder for our iOS project,…we now have the original project,…our amplify configuration, and the AWS configuration…dot JSON file.…The next thing we need to add to our project…to support AWS features is the cocoapods…we're interested in.…So to do that, we start by typing pod init.…And this will create a pod file…that has some settings in there, preconfigured for our app.…Notice it has our app name in there.…And we're going to add three pod files.…The first one is called pod AWS user pools sign in.…
And we're going to use the latest version,…and as of this recording, that's 2.7.0.…We're also going to add AWS auth UI,…and we're going to use the same version…for that as well, 2.7.0.…And then finally we're going to add pod AWS mobile client.…The mobile client is more of the general stuff…that we use to interact with the AWS,…the other two are used specifically more for the UI…of the user authorization, and user pools…for the cognito sign-in.…
So the only thing we need to do to get these installed…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.