Learn how to use the aws-shell for governance.
- [Instructor] So we've set our client tools,…and now we're going to use them.…And the reason I say them…is because, as I mentioned,…there's two versions.…And I'm actually going to show you this,…because it's interesting,…and then you can decide which one works best for you.…So by default you get the AWS client tool.…And if you just type aws, space, hyphen, hyphen, version,…you can see the version.…And then if you wanted to work with this,…as I showed in a previous movie,…a really quick way to make sure it's working properly…after you've done the configure,…is aws, space, s3,…and then ls to list the buckets that you have.…
It's kind of a, Hello AWS.…If you've configured everything correctly,…you're going to get the results back.…And these are the buckets that you have in s3.…Now, although this could be really fast,…if you have memorized all the commands,…I actually prefer the AWS shell,…as I mentioned earlier.…So I'm going to use that for demoing.…So I'll show you first how to open the shell…once you've set this up.…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.