Note: This course can also be used to prepare for the corresponding domain of the AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Professional) exam.
- Five principals of well-architected security solutions
- Core AWS account tools and IAM objects
- Implementing IAM
- Implementing infrastructure protection
- Implementing data protection
- Implementing app security
- Preparing for a security audit
Skill Level Advanced
- [Instructor] Have you ever found information in an S3 bucket that wasn't supposed to be there? Like a secret key from your Amazon account? Well, you're not alone. Hi, I'm Lynn Langit, and in this course we're gonna take a look into AWS advanced security techniques. We're going to start by reviewing core security tasks, such as properly using the IM user root account, setting up user accounts, policies, groups, and roles. We're then gonna look at billing and tagging.
Next, we're going to examine different methods of implementing strong authentication using AWS services. And these include services such as cognito for federated authentication, as well as directory services such as simple AD and full-hosted Microsoft active directory. Following that we're gonna take a look at how to secure infrastructure. We're gonna look at BPC objects, including subnets and other types of objects in the BCP world.
Then we're gonna take a look at implementing data protection. In this section we're going to understand how KMS and other encryption services work. And we'll work with some of the newer data identification services such as Amazon Macie. We'll round out the course by reviewing entire application architectures for security requirements and the application of security services. We have lots to cover so let's get started.
1. Implement Core Security Tasks
2. Implement Identity and Access Management
3. Implement Infrastructure Protection
4. Implement Data Protection
Encryption on AWS5m 17s
5. Implement Application Security
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.