Once the code is generated you also need to use it in the app. There are a few pieces that need to be included in the code, configuration, and a new CocoaPod. This was all generated as part of the process through Amplify for AppSync. The code and configuration are local and the CocoaPod can be added as usual.
- [Instructor] So now that we have everything…setup on the server, we want to concentrate a little bit more…on the app itself.…We've got our API defined in AppSync,…we've got our DynamoDB, where we can store our settings,…but we need to be able to take advantage…of all that in our app.…So, there's two things we're going to do first.…We're going to add the CocoaPod for AppSync…and we're also going to add…the API.swift file to our project.…So, let's add the CocoaPod first.…So back in the terminal, where my project file is,…I'm going to edit the Podfile…and I'm going to add, under the AWS Auth UI, pod AWSAppSync,…and at the time of this recording,…the version of that is 2.6.24.…
So, I'll save and kill that,…and then run pod install, to install the apps in CocoaPod.…Once that's installed, we're going to go to Xcode.…So, back in Xcode we have our project,…just as it was before, and I'm going to expand out our code,…and we need to add the API.swift file…that was generated for us.…So, I'll right click on Thoughts,…and select Add Files to Thoughts,…
- Preparing to use AppSync in code
- Updating settings and the schema
- Adding a second data source
- Storing posts online
- Updating subscriptions in schema
- Testing live updates
- Handling updated posts
- Offline capabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS User Authentication
2. AppSync Setup
Amplify codegen3m 42s
3. App Code and Configuration
4. Adding a Second Datasource
5. Real-Time Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.