Join Shyamraj Selvaraju for an in-depth discussion in this video Launching an EC2 instance, part 2, part of Amazon EC2 Fundamentals.
- [Instructor] Welcome back.…In this video, we're going to continue…our discussion on launching an EC2 instance.…So this is part two of launching an EC2 instance.…Let's continue where we left off.…Alright, I'm back over here on the AWS console…and I'm on step number five which is…adding tags to your EC2 instances.…Tags are identifications that you can…associate with your EC2 instances.…Tags have a structure of Key and a Value.…
For example, I can click over here to add a Name tag,…in this case, the name is the Key…and I'm gonna add a Value over here.…So I'm gonna call this one as maybe Server1.…We can also associate additional tags,…for example, I'm gonna say add another tag…and I'm gonna say department…and I'm gonna add the department Value as maybe HR.…I'm also gonna add one more tag,…the owner and I'm gonna put my name, Shyam.…
This could be really effective when you have a bunch of…EC2 instances running and you want to quickly filter down.…Tags can be used for filtering.…Notice that we can add up to 50 tags.…
- Amazon EC2 features
- Where is AWS available?
- Purchasing options for Amazon EC2
- Instances: on-demand, spot, reserved, and dedicated
- Instance family, class, and size
- Amazon Machine Image (AMI)
- Launching an EC2 instance
- Connecting from Linux, Mac, or Windows