Join Shyamraj Selvaraju for an in-depth discussion in this video Launching an EC2 instance, part 1, part of Amazon EC2 Fundamentals.
- [Instructor] Welcome back, in this video we'll talk…about launching an EC2 instance.…So in this video I'm gonna show you all the steps.…I'm gonna walk you through all the steps…that are needed to launch an EC2 instance.…To start with, let's dive straight into the AWS Console.…All right, I'm at the AWS Console right now,…and I'm in the EC2 Dashboard.…So you can see over here, when I click…on the EC2 Dashboard; I get a nice summary…of the items that have been configured…in my AWS EC2 account.…
Notice that I'm right now in the Mumbai region,…and right now I do not have any running instances.…To start launching an instance, I could click…on launch instance over here, or I can go…to instances over here, and click on launch instance.…Step one is to choose an Amazon Machine Image.…In one of the earlier lectures, we discussed…about the concept of AMIs.…So at this point, it should sound familiar to you.…I'm gonna select any one of these AMIs.…
To keep it very simple, I'm gonna select the first one,…Amazon Linux AMI, hit the select button over here.…
- Amazon EC2 features
- Where is AWS available?
- Purchasing options for Amazon EC2
- Instances: on-demand, spot, reserved, and dedicated
- Instance family, class, and size
- Amazon Machine Image (AMI)
- Launching an EC2 instance
- Connecting from Linux, Mac, or Windows