- Amazon EC2 features
- Where is AWS available?
- Purchasing options for Amazon EC2
- Instances: on-demand, spot, reserved, and dedicated
- Instance family, class, and size
- Amazon Machine Image (AMI)
- Launching an EC2 instance
- Connecting from Linux, Mac, or Windows
Skill Level Beginner
- [Sean] Amazon EC2 is a web based cloud computing service that allows organizations and businesses to run workloads in the Amazon Web Services Cloud. Using Amazon EC2 eliminates the need to invest in hardware, allowing you to develop and deploy applications faster and scale up or down, depending on changes in requirements. In this course on Amazon EC2 fundamentals, we'll start by discussing the topic of Amazon Machine Image, also known as AMI, which are pre-configured templates for launching EC2 instances.
We'll then discuss EC2 instance types and the different EC2 purchasing options. We'll then see how to launch an EC2 instance, how to connect to the instances from Windows and Linux computers, and how to monitor EC2 instances. Hi and welcome to Amazon EC2 fundamentals. I'm Sean, let's get started.