Join Veejay Gahir for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias.
- If you're a premium member of lynda.com you have access to the Exercise Files used throughout this course. If you download the Exercise Files folder and the sourceimages folder to your Desktop you'll note that each chapter has its own corresponding folder. Each folder contains Alias wire files and assets that can be used throughout the particular chapter. Each Exercise File has been created to help you understand the principles used in class A servicing and how to utilize Alias design functionality. If you're not a monthly member or annual member of lynda.com you can follow along from scratch using your own digital assets.
- Understanding the manufacturing strategy
- Direct modeling techniques
- Understanding project deliverables
- Creating the main body
- Creating a digital display
- Checking feasibility
- Creating handles with fillets
- Exporting for rapid prototyping
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Sketching an F1 Wheel with SketchBook Prowith Veejay Gahir26m 57s Intermediate
Insights on Automotive Design with Veejay Gahirwith Veejay Gahir23m 34s Intermediate
1. Overview of Alias Portfolio
Manufacturing strategy2m 36s
2. Starting a Project
3. Creating Main Body
4. Creating the Digital Display Aperture
5. Creating the Buttons and Dials
6. Creating the Handles
7. Export for Rapid Prototype
8. Alternative Workflow
Final model check2m 54s
9. Rendering the Final Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.